Thursday, April 1, 2010

Running Shoe Re-new



I have been holding on to my old running shoes with the intention that someday I will wear them until they are completely shot, but in reality I only need one extra pair to mow the grass in. I recently got a snazzy new pair of running shoes and realized that it was time to purge. So I kept: my new pair (treadmill ONLY), the last pair I bought (outside running), and ONE old pair for mowing and yard work (ha like I do any of that). That leaves me with four (yes, four) pairs of running shoes to be disposed of. Now anyone who knows me, knows that I am not going to just throw them away! Usually I make regular donations to the local Goodwill when I have wearable items, but this time I decided to do something a little different. I found this wonderful organization, One World Running, which will send running shoes to people in need around the world. If the shoes are deemed too worn (to be worn) they are sent to Nike's Reuse-a-Shoe program instead, and wind up paving a playground. It's a win-win in my mind.
Sammy Gene

No comments:

Post a Comment